Pierre Thibault Ltd. 1938-present - Pierceville, Quebec, Canada
Thibault had built hand-drawn fire apparatus as early as 1908, then horse-drawn units, and in 1918 its first motorized 5 engine which used a Ford chassis. By 1938 the firm was producing complete fire engines of sophisticated design which were sold under the name Richelieu. During World War 2 the company developed an airport crash truck, and after the war a completely new chassis and cab were developed, and the product name changed to Thibault. Current models use Detroit Diesel engines as standard equipment. They include the Tibocar pumper with custom enclosed cab, four-wheel and tractor-drawn aerial ladder units, salvage and foam trucks, and quick delivery stock units on Ford, G.M.C. or International chassis.
|For more information please read:
|© 2004 Coachbuilt.com, Inc. | Index | Disclaimer | Privacy