W.F. Lacey 1894-1912 - W.F. Lacey & Sons -1912-1974 - Lacey Truck Equipment - 1974-present - Boston, MA - Charlestown, MA - Medford, MA
In 1947, all three Boston rescue companies received Mack rescues with bodies built by Lacey.
Lighting Plant 2 was established and placed at the quarters of Ladder Co. 23
on October 9, 1947. They were equipped with a new Mack truck with a body
built by Lacey of Medford, Mass. They only remained at Grove Hall until
January 21, 1948 when they moved downtown to Bowdoin Square. On the same
day, Lighting Plant 3 moved to Grove Hall from Bowdoin Square. All three of
the Lighting Plants ran identical 1947 Mack/Lacey units.
Lacey Truck Equipment Inc For 108 Years - 50 Mystic Ave Medford, MA
William F. Lacey began his business by manufacturing and repairing pushcarts used around the Boston market and fishing piers in the late 1800's. The pushcart business led to the manufacturing of horse-drawn carriages. When motorized trucks gained enormous popularity, W.F. Lacey & Sons was there. Creating a niche market and then expanding to the present day model.
Beginning with the distribution of truck body parts around 1912 W.F. Lacey & Sons changed gears during World War II to manufacture water purification trailers for the United States Military. After the war W.F. Lacey & Sons was a manufacturer of truck bodies including accounts such as Howard Johnson's, Boston Ale and the trucks for Jordan Marsh were all climate controlled for the furs. At one end of the building a bare chassis would enter and at the other end the truck would come out completely painted, lettered and ready for delivery.
Lacey Truck Equipment was incorporated in 1974 and since then the business has expanded its product line to include: insulated/dry van bodies, freight design, dump bodies, hydraulic tailgates, snowplows, bumpers, grille guards, van interiors and trailer parts. The firm also operates painting, lettering and body repair departments. One hundred plus year of doing business and Lacey Truck Equipment is still going strong.
The company relocated three times, from Travis Street in Boston to Rutherford Avenue in Charlestown in 1910. After a fire destroyed their headquarters in Charlestown, the Lacey family moved to their current home, 50 Mystic Avenue in Medford, MA.
In 1996, W. F. Lacey & Sons had an opportunity to lease part of their land to the York Family. In doing that it meant that Lacey Truck Equipment had to move to another part of its current building. Now we have a much larger showroom full of all kinds of new things. We carry everything from truck detailing items to seat covers to pretty much anything you can think of to put on or in your truck or suv. Many items if not in stock we will have the next day.
|For more information please read:
|© 2004 Coachbuilt.com, Inc. | Index | Disclaimer | Privacy|