Highway Trailer Co. - 1910s -1961 - Edgerton, Wisconsin
|Highway Trailer Co. built the
750-gallon Davis Clipper Tank Body-equipped Highway Trailer that was
available through Ford dealers during the 1930s for use with the Ford AA
Closed Cab Tractor.
1940s Dodge WC model Telephone Installation bodies
were built by the Highway Trailer Co, Edgerton, Wisconsin. They also built
Army trailers - Highway Trailer Co. Semi-Trailer,
After the decline of the Stoughton wagon industry in the 1920s, new vehicle and part factories such as Highway Trailer and the Stoughton Cab and Body Company were established. Semi-truck trailer manufacture remains an important part of the local economy.
Highway Trailer which began as a wagon-works and ended up with a wide-line of heavy and light equipment;
By the mid-1920s, the Miami Trailer-Scraper Co. and Euclid Road Machinery offered scrapers that were rear dumping. Hoisting was performed either through the drive wheels or, with a special attachment for the tractor, by means of a powered winch. Scrapers were designed to be hooked into “trains” of two to five units. The Highway Trailer Co. came up with the first elevating scraper, designed with a “ladder” of scraper bars for pulling the dirt into the bowl.
1940's Newsweek Ad for "Highway Trailer Co
(July 15 1920 CCJ ad pp 265) - large 1-page ad
"The Largest Trailer Plant in the World"
1 1/2 ton, 2 1/2 ton, 4 ton and 6 ton trailers.
For more information please read:
|© 2004 Coachbuilt.com, Inc. | Index | Disclaimer | Privacy|